This week we will be reading two journal articles. The first one is titled Moribund Ants Leave Their Nests to Die in Social Isolation written by Jurgen Heinze, and Bartosz Walter. The second one is titled Altruistic self-removal of health-compromised honey bee workers from their hive written by O. Rueppell, M. K. Hayworth, and N. P. Ross.
Lab Meeting / Journal Club Schedule (9AM Wednesday in McDonnell 412)
- Fred Inglis submitted a paper!
- Tracy Douglas’s paper is Editor’s Choice at JEB for July 2016!
- Tracy Douglas got her Ph.D. and moved back to Texas!
- Postdoc Longfei Shu got a Fellowship from LSRF!
- Postdoc Susanne DiSalvo got a job at SIUE!
- Postdoc Tammy Haselkorn got a job as assistant professor at University of Central Arkansas!
Slide Presentation by Joan Strassmann:
Joan Strassmann elected to National Academy of Sciences
Latest Blog Topic:
Check out these slides that Joan has recently posted…