This week we will read these two papers suggested by Debbie Brock. The first paper is titled Symbiotic bateria on the cuticle of the leaf-cutting ant Acromyrmex subterraneus subterraneus protect workers from attack by entomopathogenic fungi written by Thalles C. Mattoso, Denise D.O. Moreira and Richard I. Samuels. The second paper is titled Symbiont recruitment versus ant-symbiont co-evolution in the attine ant-microbe symbiosis written by Ulrich G. Mueller.
Lab Meeting / Journal Club Schedule (9AM Wednesday in McDonnell 412)
- Fred Inglis submitted a paper!
- Tracy Douglas’s paper is Editor’s Choice at JEB for July 2016!
- Tracy Douglas got her Ph.D. and moved back to Texas!
- Postdoc Longfei Shu got a Fellowship from LSRF!
- Postdoc Susanne DiSalvo got a job at SIUE!
- Postdoc Tammy Haselkorn got a job as assistant professor at University of Central Arkansas!
Slide Presentation by Joan Strassmann:
Joan Strassmann elected to National Academy of Sciences
Latest Blog Topic:
Check out these slides that Joan has recently posted…