Ashley D’Costa is a sophomore from Skokie, Illinois who plans to major in Biology (specifically the Biochemistry track) and minor in Spanish. She just recently joined the Strassmann/Queller lab this fall 2015. She is currently working under Longfei Shu and with Sydney Hart to study the symbiotic relationship between D. discoideum and certain bacteria in terms of their attraction via chemotaxis. Outside the lab, she’s typically swimming, playing violin or piano, working her other job at the Olin Library, or volunteering through Each One Teach One or Beat Therapy.
Lab Meeting / Journal Club Schedule (9AM Wednesday in McDonnell 412)
- Fred Inglis submitted a paper!
- Tracy Douglas’s paper is Editor’s Choice at JEB for July 2016!
- Tracy Douglas got her Ph.D. and moved back to Texas!
- Postdoc Longfei Shu got a Fellowship from LSRF!
- Postdoc Susanne DiSalvo got a job at SIUE!
- Postdoc Tammy Haselkorn got a job as assistant professor at University of Central Arkansas!
Slide Presentation by Joan Strassmann:
Joan Strassmann elected to National Academy of Sciences
Latest Blog Topic:
Check out these slides that Joan has recently posted…