My name is Rory Mather and I’m a current Junior studying in Biology: Neuroscience and Electrical engineering. In my project with Debbie Brock, we study what genetic factors inside the Burkholderia bacteria’s genome allow it to enter a symbiotic relationship with the social amoeba Dictyostelium discoideum. We are developing methods to perform transposon mutagenesis on the Burkholderia genome in hopes of isolating the gene responsible for this relationship. My current plans after graduation is to pursue an MD/PhD program, but working with Joan and Dave maybe I’ll switch to a PhD program in ecology and evolutionary biology. The world is my oyster.
- Congrats Dr. Katie Geist for defending her thesis!
- Longfei got a position at Sun Yat-sen University!
- We were at the Ferguson Farmer’s Market!
- James and Trey completed a genomics course in Toronto!
- Alicia is moving to a new position on the med campus!
- Fred got an Assistant Professor position at UMSL!
Slide Presentation by Joan Strassmann:
Joan Strassmann elected to National Academy of Sciences
Latest Blog Topic:
Check out these slides that Joan has recently posted…